Please use Microsoft Edge or Google Chrome to submit a referral
for admission to Wandi Nerida is via referral by a treating GP or Psychiatrist
using the referral form. All information presented in the referral form is submitted via encrypted messaging to Wandi Nerida.
We have asked your patient to book a long appointment to ensure that you have time to complete the information and assessments required to complete the referral.
- The service is sex/gender inclusive.
- Age >16 years (dependent on developmental maturity). Participants under 16 can be assessed within 6 weeks of their 16th birthday for intake to the program.
- Primary DSM-5 diagnosis of Anorexia Nervosa, Bulimia Nervosa, Binge Eating Disorder and Other Specified Feeding or Eating Disorder (OSFED).
- Participants must have a BMI of >13.5 (>75%IBW for adolescents)
- Must be vaccinated against COVID 19 & Influenza
- Participant agrees to consent to treatment and understands the importance of timely treatment in their eating disorder recovery.
- Participants are not subject to a treatment order under Mental Health Act 2016.
- Risk(s) of suicide and harm to self or others do not require management beyond what Wandi Nerida can safely offer.
- Participants have a clear understanding of the consequences of not engaging in residential treatment on their recovery.
- Participants agree to abide by the rules outlined in the participant handbook and have signed the participant agreement willingly.
- Independent management of mobility.
- No active substance dependence.
- Manageable dietary restrictions (No veganism but religious and/or cultural dietary considerations will be catered for)
stable as evidenced by:
BP 90mm (>80mm for adolescents) or above
Rate >50 and <100 bpm
significant postural tachycardia or hypotension
ECG (no acute changes)
that are normal or can be managed by oral replacement.
Acceptance to the program and admission to Wandi Nerida will not only be based on an individuals’ eligibility or their position on the waiting list.
Factors which will be taken into consideration include:
- the individual’s fit with the current milieu
- the needs of the wider participant cohort
- a prospective participant’s financial position
- the number of places available to each state and territory will be equitable.
to Wandi Nerida will be accepted through Hothealth (VIEW FORM).
- Only referrals
from treating General Practitioners (GPs) or Psychiatrist accepted.
must create a user account to submit a referral (CREATE ACCOUNT).
- You do not need a LifeCard account to submit a referral, please log back into your account once created
- To complete the referral, click here
(FBC, EUC, CMP, LFT, TFT, Random glucose) results need to be copied to the referral form.
can not submit incomplete referrals. You are able to save a draft and return to complete it within 7 days.
referrals will not be accepted.